Friday, December 14, 2007

Proper place to ride on the road: somewhere else!

Egads. Diamond Drive looked like a demo derby this morning, leaving hundreds of cars going nowhere the slow way. One bad crash just north of Conoco Hill left a green SUV and white sedan in crushed tatters with an ambulance onsite. Nothing moving an inch the other side of that crash, so I looped up around through the western areas and came back down via Urban. Meena told me there was a bus-car crash farther south on Diamond, leaving the road corked tighter than a champagne bottle.

Sometimes folks seem to forget that winter means slippery roads. Take it easy out there.

1 comment:

Scott said...

I'm not ashamed to say that it fills me with schadenfreude to cruise (responsibly) on the sidewalk past hundreds of stopped motor vehicles during backups like this. And I still get to burn off a couple hundred Calories.